Sunday 14 August 2011

You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.

-What mood is that?
-Last-minute panic.

For this, thank Calvin and Hobbes.

American-English translation: faucet = tap. For some reason, I think faucet is a particularly UGLY word. I'm going to start a campaign.

And this is me, today:


Last-minute panic is a bit of an exaggeration. I have precisely eighteen days to finish The Screenplay Whose Name Cannot Be Uttered (Working title)

To date, I'm at page 74¾ (You can tell when I'm desperate because I put in fractions of pages) This means that I have something like 25-30¼ pages to go.



Actually, I already feel a bit better. It doesn't seem quite so bad in the cold light of day. HOWEVER, I am going to make a BOLD UNDERTAKING.
A proclamation, no less.














I will have finished the screenplay by this time next week.




In several languages just to make sure.

(The touching wood, not the screenplay)

Not that I'm superstitious or anything.

2 comments:

  1. Tap into your inner faucet of creativity Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No faucets about my person, Marnie :)

    Funnily enough, one of my sons worked in a pub called The Fawcett Inn, in Southsea.

    They had their own brand of cider. Fawcett Inn Cider. Yes, really.

    Perhaps that's where my aversion to the word came from?

    ReplyDelete