Saturday 6 August 2011

"If I had my way, if I was lucky enough, if I could be on the brink my entire life -

that great sense of expectation and excitement without the disappointment - that would be the perfect state."

When I first read that quote I was going to stick pins into Cate Blanchett.

















What does she mean, perfect state? It's all very well for HER to talk. But then I thought about it and put away my box of pins.

Now Cate Blanchett is being rather smug.














The thing is, I ALWAYS seem to be on the brink and sometimes, just sometimes, I can't help wishing a teeny-weeny bit that I could leap over it and attain some of my dreams.

Then I think 'how churlish!' I've attained LOADS of my dreams. The trouble with me is that I always want MORE.

Still, it's what gets me out of bed in the morning and writing every hour that God sends that's not used up with doing something else.









Okay, Cate Blanchett. You win.

(THIS time)

No comments:

Post a Comment