Thursday 1 September 2011

"September: it was the most beautiful of words..."

"...he’d always felt, evoking orange-flowers, swallows, and regret."












'He' being Alexander Theroux. Alexander Theroux being brother of the more famous Paul. Well, at least I've certainly heard of Paul Theroux.

Alexander is known (or not known in my case) for his novel entitled 'Three Wogs: A Novel.' Goodness gracious me, not a title to have me running to Waterstones, except out of some sort of morbid curiosity.

Note: 'Three Wogs:A Novel' might be the best thing ever written not read by me.

"Three Wogs is an incredible performance: hilarious, moving, incisive, and flamboyant beyond description. You will laugh. You will be astonished. "-The New York Times Book Review

There you go.

Back to September thoughts.

Orange flowers, yes.

Swallows, maybe.












Regrets?

I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention.





No comments:

Post a Comment