Sunday 21 August 2011

Sickness comes on horseback but departs on foot






Image by Gillian McCormick.

Proverb by someone Dutch.





I'm not one to moan but there's always a first time for everything...and I know I undertook to finish my screenplay by NOW.

Remember, I have TWO horses. On Wednesday, they brought sickness. I have been battling on, uncomplaining, like the martyr I am (not)...but swimmy head, earache, swollen glands in neck, sore throat, nausea and fever are NOT conducive to endless hours of writing a screenplay.

In fact, here is a picture of me in my bed of sickness, painted by Vasiliy Polenov (1844-1927) - he could see into the future.













This is not an excuse, it's an EXPLANATION!

HOWEVER, Pete has gone sailing today; I've dosed myself up with Extra Strong Anti-Procrastination Medicine; I've put on my Efficient Music - Bach Violin Concertos, always - and I'm ready to go.

More later.

Maybe.


3 comments:

  1. Ten p.m. here - so nearly finished the screenplay. Too tired now. Will DEFINITELY finish tomorrow. Off to bed with a song in my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better so you can finish that screenplay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not feeling that much better, to be honest, but I WILL finish the screenplay today...even if it kills me. Which it might!

    ReplyDelete