Tuesday 8 February 2011

Pussycat, pussycat, where have I been?

I've been up to London, not visiting the queen.

See, I have got a REAL grown-up job for which I have to attend MEETINGS and look business-like and get my tall skinny latte from Starbucks and wave my OysterCard at anyone who's interested just to show that I'm Really Urban.

I used to HATE East Croydon Station. Now it's a good place to go. The man in the Starbucks kiosk on Platform 1 always comments on my hair. Not as in 'you look as though you've been dragged through a hedge backwards, woman,' but as in (this morning) 'everytime I see you I notice your hair. It's wonderful. The colour is so...strident.'  That is a GOOD way to start the day.

The meeting was long, the room was stuffy, the air-conditioning and artificial light gave me a headache, but I was FRIGHTFULLY grown-up.

Short but sweet today. No, not the latte but the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment