Monday 28 February 2011

I remember all too well...

 "...the premiere of Ecstasy when I watched my bare bottom bounce across the screen and my mother and father sat there in shock."



No, that's not me and Alfie up at the yard. I usually wear more clothes - although thinking about it, it might make sense to wear LESS clothes then I wouldn't have so much washing to do. But then again, I might get frostbite...decisions, decisions.

It is in fact Hedy Lamarr, in a film called Ecstasy (1933) The opening paragraph is her description of the premiere.



It's the premiere of Damage tonight.


As the screenplay writer, my memories of this auspicious evening won't be as embarrassing as Hedy Lamarr's. At least, not for the same reasons.


Wish me luck when the credits roll...

 

7 comments:

  1. All our best wishes,
    XX Dave & Gilly
    P.s. Is Pete buying the champagne again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Lamarr's was an amazing life, if you can credit what you read in Wikipedia (the wireless frequency invention is certainly true):

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedy_Lamarr

    Your agent, unable to resist clicking your link on a dull Monday morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone.

    I'll let you know how it goes...

    David, I'll ask Pete about champagne on my return.

    Christopher - I thought the picture would attract a few different people - only 15 ADMIT to following my blog but the stats say differently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best Caroline - I'll be holding your hand in spirit if not in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I really wish it was in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats once again Caroline! Best of luck with the movie.

    ReplyDelete