Monday 14 February 2011

Love is...

"...the delightful interval between meeting a beautiful girl and discovering that she looks like a haddock."

Huzzah, John Barrymore! I like your style.

No soppy quotes for me, thank you very much! Anyway, Peter forgot today was Valentine's Day. (I didn't)


By way of punishment, I shall relate a conversation we had last night.

The setting: our bedroom. It's dark outside. We are just going to bed and Peter is drawing the curtains. He stares out of the window. He sighs with disapproval.

Peter: You didn't take down the Christmas lights, did you?

Me: I certainly did! (me inside - panicking - I'm SURE I did, but perhaps...?)

Peter: Well, what are those orange things I see glinting out there?

I look out of the window.

Me: Rosehips?

Sigh!

There's really nothing I need to add, is there?

2 comments: