Wednesday 23 February 2011

Efficiency is intelligent laziness

I like that! Not sure if it's 100% accurate, but I like it.




This morning I have been efficient. It wasn't intelligent laziness; it was more to do with giving myself a good talking to.

On Monday it's the world premiere of Damage, for which I wrote the screenplay. (OH YES I DID!)

'World premiere' sounds very grand as though it should be in Hollywood or at very least, Leicester Square in London. But THIS premiere is in Stoke-on-Trent. Well, that's part of the world, isn't it?

I have been very much putting off making any arrangements because I feel quite out of the loop with all the other people involved in the film-making process. Quite shut out.

I'm scared to go on my own.

I asked a screenplay-writing mate who lives in Stoke if he'd go with me. He is unable to attend because Stoke City are playing West Brom and he has a season ticket (you have to get your priorities right, don't you?)

So, I almost wasn't going. How crazy it that? How many times in my lifetime will I get the opportunity to see my writing come to life on the big screen? (You don't have to answer that. Really.)

This morning, I had a bit of an argument with myself  (it wasn't pleasant) and have booked the hotel and the hire-car and it only took about ten minutes in total and now I feel Very Efficient and Quite In Control.

Oh - yesterday (she says casually) I wrote the first chapter of my novel. And another scene of the synesthesia screenplay.

So...my intelligent laziness is quite unparalled.

No comments:

Post a Comment