Thursday 24 February 2011

It is better to begin in the evening than not at all

Some of these English proverbs make me want to kick something. (Something quite soft that won't do irreparable damage to my foot because I've only got one other)

Is it better to begin in the evening than not at all? IS IT?  I suppose I have to admit, grudgingly, that it is. But for me it's a real struggle because  I'm so much of a morning person.


At the moment, I'm madly busy with work and with more creative projects than can easily be counted on the fingers of three hands. For that, I'm blessed. As a freelance writer, NOT being busy can be scary.

However, I have the sort of Puritan work ethic..


... that means I won't start the other, the wonderful, the uplifting, the creative writing until I've completed the Work-Work.



And this is always at the end of the day when my brain is like porridge. Or frazzled to a crisp.

TODAY, the Puritan in me is BANISHED. I'm going to start on my own projects RIGHT NOW.

You just watch me.

But promise not to tell John Calvin.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I feel you about completing the "work-work" first. I never looked at it as the Puritan pwrk ethic within lol. A little change of routine never hurts! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete