Wednesday 1 August 2012

How to solve writing problems: “Of all the thirty-six alternatives, running away is best.”

A wise Chinese proverb.

It's one way to look at it, anyway.

This is my writing problem: I'm not doing any (not creative writing, at any rate)

I think I must have Chinese blood coursing through my veins because, having looked at all the alternatives, I'm favouring running away.

...running away and hiding behind a lot of very valid excuses to explain why it is now August 1st, the deadline for the screenplay is August 31st and I STILL HAVEN'T STARTED.


My excuse of the day: Boll weevils ate my gym shorts.

Give up? Moi? Never!

I hereby pronounce that my writing schedule in August is as follows:

Every day I will write a minimum of three pages.

I'll also post progress reports on this blog. Not that anyone is in the slightest bit interested - but public humiliation is quite a good motivator, I find.


 Better get on...

But first, I must just...


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment