Friday 31 August 2012

Finishing a screenplay is just like you took a child out in the back yard and shot it.

Truman Capote almost said this, except he said book, not screenplay.

At 01.37 a.m. this morning I finally wrote...


(Well, actually I wrote - ends - because I'm a real grown up screenwriter and that's what we do, see?)

Do I feel as though I've just shot a child in the back garden?

No, I do not.

I feel so exhausted that I'm not even elated. Yet.


I'll read through it all in a minute. I hope I don't think it's a pile of utter rubbish. I hope I like it. Even if I don't, there's not much time to do anything about it before I submit it to the contest (deadline 18 hours away)

The main thing is,

I did it!
Day 30 Update
14 pages! (Blimey!)

And here endeth the need to update!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment