Tuesday 14 August 2012

When you are thwarted, it is your own attitude that is out of order

Yes, I KNOW THAT, Meister Eckhart, (German Writer and Theologian, 1260-1328)

I don't feel like having a sermon, either, for your information. Stomp, stomp, stomp.

SO - yesterday, I got on with my screenplay. It was painfully slow. I couldn't get into gear at all. At a loss. Struggling. Thwarted. In despair.

THEN. I remembered the song that Emeli Sandé sang at the closing ceremony of the Olympics -
Read All About It, Pt. III


So I downloaded it from iTunes (other sources of immediate gratification available) - the explicit version with Professor Green - which reflected my mood better (!) -  and I played it at top volume OVER and OVER again.

And it worked. I could write.

The ballad version, above, I've adopted as the theme tune for Team Incredible - the wonderful group of people I'm coaching on the Self-Expression and Leadership Programme.

I wanted to get to page 30 and I didn't (not helped by a mega powercut after a thunderstorm) but I DID get on and feel much more purposeful about today.

Day 13 Update
4 pages and a lot more certainty about the threads of the plot

Now...today...


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment