Thursday 16 August 2012

A word is not the same with one writer as with another.




 "One tears it from his guts.  The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket."

So said Charles Péguy - a noted French poet, essayist, and editor born in Orléans. So noted, in fact, that I've never heard of him.

I think I could rephrase it to fit in with my writing experiences, starting "One day of writing is not the same as another..."

 
The day before yesterday - tearing words one by one from my guts. Yesterday, pulling them effortlessly from my metaphorical overcoat pocket.

It's the first time for AGES I enjoyed writing (and I tell everyone I do it for fun!)

I did get a little bit peeved when I read this from Viki King's How to Write a Movie in 21 Days: The Inner Movie Method (It's in the fantasy genre!)...bearing in mind I've been battling with this screenplay on and off since January...

Day 3 (says Viki) Write pages 30-45


Day 15 Update
6 pages and joy!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment