Sunday 19 August 2012

A large part of getting organized is learning to act from a place of self-esteem

"knowing what we want and don’t want to do, knowing what we can and can’t do, and taking care of ourselves."  says Marilyn Paul, Ph.D.

At the moment, I'm going through a frenzy of document overwhelm. All a massive story, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it. Big Time.


The course on which I'm a coach has MOUNTAINS of paperwork (note the hyperbole - there's not that much really.) I look at the sheets of paper littering my desk, I look at Google Docs and respond somewhat like this:

It's very draining being disorganised. I had never thought of it as a way of not taking care of myself until I read that quote by Marilyn Paul. While I know there are endless self-help books out there about how to get organised...

(Caroline's new reverie - I could buy hundreds of them and there'd be so many, so badly organised, I'd never be able to find the one I was looking for.)

...I like the sound of Ms. Paul's just from the title alone -It's Hard to Make a Difference When You Can't Find Your Keys: The Seven-Step Path to True Organization

That is ME! This should be my keyring.

It IS hard to make a difference when you can't find your keys, or that particular piece of paper, or that email or...


 I MIGHT buy the book. I really very often try, and fail to be organised for more than about half a day.

Day 18 Update
3 pages and lots of fun
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment