Ha! You thought this was me ignoring the fact that yesterday I started on a screenplay writing regime designed to meet a deadline...and vowed to update you on (lack of) progress.
Fear is a factor in all this, believe me.
Until yesterday, I hadn't even dared look at the first ten pages of my screenplay, written so long ago. Here is what I had concluded:
- The script was a load of rubbish
- I wasn't even interested in it anymore
- I couldn't even begin to think how to continue it
- Why did I ever imagine I could be a screenplay writer?
So, yesterday, I gulped and swallowed and looked at those ten pages...It took me until after 6 p.m....
This is what I found:
- The script was actually pretty good
- I loved the characters I had created and wanted to develop them
- Plenty of ideas popped into my brain as soon as I started reading
- I AM a screenplay writer
I have awarded myself a badge:
I didn't write 3 new pages. I DID look at the first ten pages, revise them and write1½ new pages and think about how the story will unfold. I felt pleased.