Saturday 1 June 2013

Caroline came to a fork in the road.

'Which road do I take?' she asked.
'Where do you want to go?' responded the Cheshire Cat.
'I don't know,' Caroline answered.
'Then,' said the Cat, 'it doesn't matter.”

From Alice Caroline in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll. Maybe.
                                                                                                                                                                        
By John Tenniel
Was still wrestling with the same dilemma - the dilemma so eloquently (or pitifully) described here

So - I have come to a decision! And, as the Chesire Cat says, since I'm uncertain, then it doesn't really matter which decision I take.

I am going to give myself another three months to find a publisher. I've researched and discovered some small, independent companies which take unsolicited manuscripts directly from authors, not via agents.

They seem like my sort of companies too. Friendly, looking for something a bit different, rather than wanting a safe formulaic pot-boiler. Quirky, even.

SO...I feel heaps better. Some sort of time-limited strategy rather than this endless flip-floppy amorphous limbo-land I've been inhabiting lately.

In fact, I'm almost grinning from ear to ear like...

No comments:

Post a Comment