Wednesday 12 June 2013

But what I like doing best is Nothing.

We can learn so much from Christopher Robin...oh very well, if you insist - A.A.Milne,

by E.H. Shepherd
"How do you do Nothing?" asked Pooh, after he had wondered for a long time.

"Well, it's when people call out at you just as you're going off to do it, What are you going to do Christopher Robin? And you say, Oh, nothing, and you go and do it."

"Oh, I see," said Pooh.

"This is a nothing sort of thing that we're doing right now."

"Oh, I see," said Pooh again.

"It means just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear and not bothering."

"Oh!" said Pooh.

by E.H. Shepherd
 I'm getting better at doing nothing.

Sometimes, in the past, I've APPEARED to be doing nothing when in fact my mind is Very Busy -  planning what to have for dinner, writing a novel, bitching about someone who's slighted me, plotting my revenge, wondering where I've left my car keys, remembering the last episode of Downton Abbey, craving meringues and cream...

It's not very restful.

www.theschooloflife.com
 Now, sometimes, for a few glorious moments, my mind can do nothing.

 Except listen to all the things it can't hear and not bother.


No comments:

Post a Comment