Friday 28 June 2013

Eventually, soul mates meet, for they have the same hiding place.

You will not find a soul mate in the quiet of your room. You must go to a noisy place and look in the quiet corners.

So who IS Robert Brault, who said this? Here is his Goodreads profile:



 About this author: Robert Brault hasn't written any books.

 

 






He does, however, have a blog - on which I discover he's a freelance writer from America who has contributed to articles and magazines for over 40 years.

End of Robert Brault diversion.

Yes, I spend an awful lot of time in the quiet of my room and therein are no soul mates - unless you count the very many virtual kindred spirits I talk to over the ether.
jewliciousu.com
 Yesterday, I had lunch with a REAL person - a lovely fellow writer, Bronwen Griffiths, I'd met on a course up in London. She's  also a very talented artist and photographer.

How refreshing it was to share experiences with someone who really understands what it's like to be a writer striving to get work published - all the ups and downs, highs and lows. And she has a son too, so we shared about the joys, and the other bits, of having male children.

It was almost as though we didn't need to talk at all.

Do we have the same hiding place? I guess...in our own imaginations, sometimes preferable to The Real World.

Yaznisketches

I very much enjoyed emerging for a few brief hours though!


No comments:

Post a Comment