Friday 31 May 2013

You must know nothing before you can learn something, and be empty before you can be filled.

Is not the emptiness of the bowl what makes it useful?

You may well be right, Lloyd Alexander.

Kaffe Fassett
I spend a lot of time, really, what with yoga and meditation and the like, emptying my mind.

That's all well and good. Sometimes, I'm a bit too successful and then I'm left with...an empty mind.

You'd think I'd be congratulating myself and adopting Zen-like poses...

Stephanie Estrin
 Trouble is...when my mind's empty, I simply don't know what to do. That's okay for a while, but life must go on and, seriously, I cannot think of a single one of the thousand and seven tasks which really need to be completed...

You know To Do Lists? Well, they're usually for when you have so much to do you don't even know where to start, aren't they?

I'm thinking that when my mind's NOT empty, I'll have to write a To Do List of things I could be getting on with when my mind IS empty.

Nothing, of course, that involves any thought...


No comments:

Post a Comment