Sunday 30 June 2013

A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant and the crazy crazier.

H.L.Mencken - American journalist, essayist, magazine editor, satirist, critic of American life and culture, and scholar of American English.

This was me yesterday:

Lady Reading a Newspaper by Carl Larsson, 1886
 I cannot tell you how long ago it was I actually read a newspaper, not counting picking up discarded copies of the Metro on the train to London.

Yesterday, I read The Daily Telegraph (hangs head in not-a-Tory shame) in the garden. To me that's an indication of slowing down, relaxing. Usually, I grab snippets of world news from the radio and online. Read a whole newspaper? Me? Simply haven't the time.

Rubbish!

For the sudden acquisition of said newspapers - thank Rufus the puppy.

He has to have somewhere to pee in the night.

What better place?


No comments:

Post a Comment