Saturday 22 June 2013

Faeries, come take me out of this dull world, For I would ride with you upon the wind,

Run on the top of the dishevelled tide, And dance upon the mountains like a flame.

W.B. Yeats from The Land of Heart's Desire


Oh, how I love to let his words wash over me. I think if ever I were granted the wish to write like another, I would choose W.B.Yeats.

Today, June 22nd. The day after the summer solstice. Summer? I had planned a sunshine picnic. Instead, we have rain and wind. Alfie, Ripple, Serena and I were blown across the forest.

www.choctawcowboy.com
It was completely exhilarating.

I was going to say, we went out when most sane and sensible people stayed inside, wrapped up against the elements.

On second thoughts, WE are the sane ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment