Monday 17 June 2013

The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.

Today, I'm taking my inspiration from Confucius Hesay (Yes, I DID once think that was his surname.)


 And in a typical Caroline almost non sequitur leap...when I was at university in Liverpool, I used to listen to dear old Radio City. The very best bit was the quiz section. (And this REALLY HAPPENED)

D.J. :What was Hitler's first name?

Very long pause...

Contestant :(tentatively) Heil?

Your Monday morning entertainment, courtesy of Caroline's Random Memory Bank.

Back to small stones and the carrying away of them.


I have to confess that sometimes I DO get a bit resigned - all this applying and pitching and submitting my work, the contents of my soul, and seemingly, very little or nothing coming of it.

It's important not to lose sight of the mountain to be moved. The bigger picture. What is important to me. That which makes all this stone-carrying mean something.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment