Tuesday 4 June 2013

There are only patterns, patterns on top of patterns, patterns that affect other patterns.

Patterns hidden by patterns. Patterns within patterns. If you watch close, history does nothing but repeat itself. What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call gibberish. There is no free will. There are no variables.

Joe Vaux - Le maze unicorn
 Chuck Palahniuk, he who wrote Fight Club wrote the pattern quote in another book called Survivor

I don't think for a minute he believes all that himself. Certainly not 'There is no free will.' After all, he's a graduate of Landmark Education, so even if he forgets that he has a say in how his life is for a while, he'll soon remember that when it comes down to it, it's his responsibility and his alone.

So there!

There are patterns. Predictable patterns - I suppose that's mostly what a pattern is...(duh, and I'm meant to be good with words.)


Here's one of my patterns. One that I am determined to disrupt.

I get my courage together. I am empowered to take action. I send some of my creative writing off to publishers or agents or production companies. (Yesterday it was three.) I'm full of hope for days, half full of hope for weeks, a quarter full of hope for months, then...empty of hope.

I retire wounded into my cave of no self-belief.

Eventually, a shaft of hope penetrates the darkness from who knows where.


I crawl out of my cave of no self-belief.

I get my courage together. I am empowered to take action. I send some of my creative writing off...

But THIS TIME, I'm going to interrupt the pattern.


Not quite sure HOW yet. But just watch me...



No comments:

Post a Comment