Wednesday 8 May 2013

The secret self knows the anguish of our attachments...

and assures us that letting go of what we think we must have to be happy is the same as letting go of our unhappiness...says American self-help writer, philosopher, and spiritual teacher, Guy Finley.

I can actually hear your mind working..."Blah, blah, blah...here she goes again. Another one of her up her own bottom posts. Sometimes thinking too much just ain't a good idea." (Or you might say "just isn't a good idea" if you adhere to The Queen's English.)

leannananabz
Yes, when attached to a hot air balloon with your hair on fire, letting go is a Good Idea.

So - my week: Monday nights - Creating Happiness seminar - Landmark Education. Tuesday nights - meditation in the New Kadampa Buddhist tradition, Wednesday nights - yoga in the Pranava tradition. Not surprising I'm up my own bottom, and at least now, with all the stretching, I can reach.



 I think these guys have all been talking to each other because at the moment we're exploring the same thing from three different angles - pragmatic, spiritual and physical, I suppose you could say.


Mindfulness. Being with whatever emotions flit or stagger in an ungainly fashion through our minds. Letting go of attachments.

How sorted will I be, after all this?


No comments:

Post a Comment