Friday 17 May 2013

I have always believed that copywriting is the second most profitable form of writing. The first, of course, is ransom notes.

With thanks, and slight apologies for changing a couple of words, to Philip Dusenberry, American advertising executive.


Ransom notes! A gap in the market? I shall start a kidnapper client database immediately...

Copywriting profitable? Yes, if you charge fairly (fairly to yourself, I mean!) and have enough clients. As far as clients go, word of mouth has done well for me. I could still do with more, but I'm working on that.

Hint, hint.


Not that I'm begging or anything.

Here's how NOT to attract people to your copywriting services:

Post an advert like this. This is real.  (Name changed out of pity)

"Meet copywriter Willy Wordsmith and learn about the Acellerated Six-Figure Copywriting Program."

Oh yes. EXACTLY the sort of attention to detail and impeccability anyone would jump at with unbounded glee when thinking about hiring a copywriter.

Pretty much like using this image...



...to promote the efficacy of your car valeting business.

That's how not to....

Next...HOW TO?

No comments:

Post a Comment