Thursday 23 May 2013

I love teamwork. I love the idea of everyone rallying together to help me win. 


Quotation from BAD BOY, Jarod Kintz (A zebra is the piano of the animal kingdom)

Bad but funny.

Working from home, being part of a team doesn't come so easily.


Talking to inanimate objects does.


Must try harder to meet real live people. Last night I went networking - at the Uckfield Chamber of Commerce meeting, held, rather wonderfully, at Ashdown Forest Llama Park (I didn't enquire too deeply into the ingredients of the tagine we were treated to later in the evening.)

I had to give a little talk about Quirkyworks my company...my company which is ME! My message was 'Let me revitalise your website and your marketing copy'

(Trepidation)

I thought I ought to give out business cards and wanted to be a bit different.

(Fear of being too gimmicky)


Well, I don't think people will forget me...

Look, I have crazy hair and my company name is Quirkyworks, so I could get away with it. I wouldn't recommend it as a tactic for Dull-Boring &Sons accountants, though.

And what a delightful group of people they are at Uckfield Chamber of Commerce.

It felt good to be part of something and I hope I can be a contribution.



No comments:

Post a Comment