Friday 24 May 2013

One swallow does not a summer make...




(Arf arf - your Friday joke)

One swallow does not a summer make...



 nor one fine day; similarly one day or brief time of happiness does not make a person entirely happy.

 Who said that? Aristotle said that.

I could talk about the weather. This morning, (IT'S NEARLY JUNE) my hands were so cold riding Alfie De Horse that I wandered round the school looking for someone, anyone who could lend me a pair of gloves. Yet, a few weeks ago, we were taunted with beach and bikini weather. (We in general, I mean - Alfie De Horse wouldn't be seen dead in a bikini)

I was more thinking about things going well with work, with life.  So I relax, take my foot off the desperate pedal, think I've DEFINITELY turned a corner...

Far too soon.


While I'm all for optimism, there's also a place for a healthy dose of realism.

And no place at all for complacency.

No comments:

Post a Comment