Thursday 16 May 2013

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Oh, that's a relief, Tom Peters - because confused I certainly am.

(For the record, Tom wrote a book just for me called Thriving on Chaos: Handbook for a Management Revolution - only I haven't read it. Plainly.)

Here is a picture of my swirly brain:

Pretty. And pretty useless.

It seems to get like that when I have a decision to make about what to do next with my novel Of Night And Light - highly rated by two literary consultants, with some ideas for further amendments if I choose to incorporate them.

Choices:
  1. Make amendments (or not) and whizz it off for a final review by the literary consultants - costs a lot, may not lead anywhere further.
  2. Keep sending it out to publishers and agents - is wearing, time-consuming and often dispiriting
  3. Self-publish - costs a lot and a tiny bit of me can't help wanting it to be published in the conventional way.
  4. Do nothing - oooh, that sounds the easiest option.
Yes, confused but I AM paying attention

All I have to do is DECIDE and that will be the right decision.

EASY!


No comments:

Post a Comment