Sunday 9 September 2012

When your eyes are tired the world is tired also.


By Hyndiraborba

"When your vision has gone, no part of the world can find you. Time to go into the dark where the night has eyes to recognize its own. There you can be sure you are not beyond love. The dark will be your womb tonight. The night will give you a horizon further than you can see. 

You must learn one thing. The world was made to be free in. Give up on all other worlds except the one to which you belong. Sometimes it takes darkness and the sweet confinement of your aloneness to learn - anything or anyone that does not bring you alive is too small for you." 

The words are by David Whyte - poet, author, lecturer.

Yes, I have eye-strain. Yes, I know exactly what I should do to make it better. 


 Me being me, however... I'm distracted by those words by David Whyte - so much more interesting than thinking about chronic eye strain. 

So here I am, giving myself WORSE eye strain reading everything I can lay my hands on (strained eyes on) about David Whyte.


Oh well....



2 comments:

  1. This is really insightful. You have great reflections as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Yvette. And I still have eye-strain, as well!

      Delete