Saturday 29 September 2012

Humor is the great thing, the saving thing.

 The minute it crops up, all our irritation and resentments slip away, and a sunny spirit takes their place.

Good ole, Mark Twain. Except he can't spell humour.

 

That's an example of my sense of humour.. Well, someone else's -  that makes me, at the very least, smile.

I quite often write material that's meant to be funny and then it's reviewed by lots of people, many of them Americans. For the most part they fail to find it even slightly amusing. It could be that I'm rubbish at writing comedy. I accept that. Or is it that my (British) sense of humour simply doesn't cross the pond?

Then I got to thinking about all the American humour that I love to bits.
So - I love Calvin and Hobbes...


Garfield...

Dilbert...


I would put in some Gary Larson here but he has Very Large And Scary Lawyers who don't seem to realise that any publicity is GOOD publicity...

Hmmm, perhaps it's just me and my inability to write humour...

No comments:

Post a Comment