Tuesday 4 September 2012

It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out; it's the grain of sand in your shoe.

First said by Rodan of Alexandria, a Greek philosopher from Alexandria, disciple of Jesus?

Or by Robert W. Service, poet and writer, often been called "the Bard of the Yukon"?

Or someone else entirely?

You choose. 

 
My saying: 'Well, if you WILL climb mountains wearing such RIDICULOUS sandals, then what do you expect? Forget the grain of sand!'

Yes, I've had three little setbacks in my quest for world domination. (Didn't I mention my quest?)

Very easy for me to crawl back under the duvet and feel sorry for myself/sulk/blame others for their blatant idiocy/cry/chew chunks out of my pillow - delete where applicable or add your own examples.

Instead, I'm going to change my ridiculous sandals for THESE:

...and get on up that mountain.
 
BEWARE THE SPIKES, PEOPLE.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment