Sunday 2 September 2012

We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing.

"Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt (1897-1989) writer, motivator and success trainer.


Hmmmmm, at this precise moment, my brain feels completely empty, drained, blank.

'This is what I'd like to do today,' my brain is telling me.

Instead, I am going to make it work. I have an advertising copy job to do. Due in by tomorrow morning.

I was only given the brief late on Wednesday...but PLENTY of time, eh? That's if I hadn't been writing 'The Screenplay' until 01.37 a.m. on Friday morning, been completely wiped out and dealing with Alfie's injured hoof all day Friday, and coaching up in London all day Saturday - in at 12.30 a.m...

So I'm going to do it today.

I'm hoping against hope that Frank Tibolt is right.

That action DOES generate inspiration.

Otherwise it's going to be a long day.

And night.

Again.



No comments:

Post a Comment