Tuesday 11 September 2012

There is no person so severely punished, as those who subject themselves to the whip of their own remorse.

Wise man, Seneca.

I would really love to find a quote by Seneca that was extremely foolish, just for a bit of balance.

Anyway, today's thoughts came from a picture I found to illustrate an e-mail to my coachees reminding them to do stuff!


To me, that's quite a disturbing image. It's me. Super jolly, dancing and bells ringing on the outside but carrying a whip at all times with which to beat myself up if I ever dare to forget that I must do MORE and BETTER.

Oh, I AM talking about whipping MYSELF. I have never once whipped a coachee, honest. (Except maybe metaphorically and with their best interests at heart!)

My whip is quite useful, though. It had me work until 10 p.m. last night.

Is that useful?

Well, I'm still alive and I got a whole lot of work done...and I'll do a whole lot of work today, as well.


Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment