Saturday 8 September 2012

The time to relax is when you don't have time for it.

Oh, sort it out for yourselves, guys - I don't know whether Jim Goodwin or Sydney J. Harris said this first and frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

I haven't got the time.

I honestly DID make the time to relax today, knowing I've got a shedload of work to do as well.

Careful planning. Check with Peter what he's going to do today. He says, 'Relax.'  'All day?' 'Yes, all day.'

Okay - so I'll have an extra long ride on the forest to unwind, then when I get home, I'll crack on with my work.

Imagine my delight when I got home after my extra long ride on the forest to unwind to find that Peter had decided NOT to relax after all but to cut the hedge, leaving mountains and mountains of hedge trimmings to clear up.

 Which took me two hours.

Please don't get me wrong. The hedge needs cutting and it's a job that we can share - and Peter should not at all be expected to do it on his own.

BUT...I wouldn't have had my extra long ride on the forest to unwind if I'd known that I was coming home to two hours clearing up hedge trimmings.

Do I feel relaxed and unwound, ready for several hours work?

Just smile, Caroline...


No comments:

Post a Comment