Wednesday 14 March 2012

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

(from Calvin and Hobbes)

I don't even have any lucky rocket ship underpants. Now I feel seriously underprepared for my big meeting.

I do, however, have a lucky top. I'm going to wear it today. I'm sure it'll make a HUGE difference to my performance. I'll probably wear other clothes too. And some shoes.

“The trouble with most Englishwomen is that they will dress as if they had been a mouse in a previous incarnation. They do not want to attract attention," said Edith Sitwell.


There's attracting attention and there's attracting attention, Edith.

I'm not going to be wearing lucky rocketship underpants. I'm not going to be dressed like a mouse. Or like Edith Sitwell.

I am going to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment