Saturday 3 March 2012

In the grey of the morning my mind becomes confused...

....between the dead and the sleeping and the road that I must choose.

Mondrian's Grey Tree
See, I was looking for quotes with grey in them. (English to American translation: gray) Grey it is today. Drizzling. Cloudy. Misty. Miserable.

Very little success.

There were lots of quotes from someone called Skylar Grey (never heard of her); lots of quotes from Jeremy Grey (never heard of him); quotes from Grey's Anatomy (never watched it) but hardly anything containing the word grey.

Then I came across the quote from The Moody Blues song Question and I was transported straight back to 1970. (Do listen!) No greyness there. Just sunshine.

What a year that was! Of all the years of my youth - this was THE one I remember. Every Sunday evening, I used to listen to Pick of The Pops and patiently write down the Top 20 in my diary. 

It was a pretty good year, let me tell you.

Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel
Layla - Derek and the Dominoes
Let It Be - The Beatles
Your Song - Elton John
Lola - The Kinks
Fire And Rain - James Taylor
Alright Now - Free
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
and...
Question - Moody Blues.

Excuse me if I say...they don't write them like that anymore. (I'm turning into my parents)

WELL, THEY DON'T!

1 comment:

  1. Sure they do ... you just have to dig really deep to find them. Today they call it "alternative" rather than "commercial".

    ReplyDelete