Saturday 10 March 2012

Men make use of their illnesses at least as much as they are made use of by them.

Notice Aldous Huxley said 'men' not 'women'...


There, now I've made him despair. He's saying 'Duh! I didn't mean men as opposed to women, airhead. I meant men as in the human race.' Or something like that.

Have I been making use of my illness? Not really. I've carried on carrying on. The only thing I haven't felt able to do is train for the marathon. I've examined my soul and I do believe I wasn't fit to run. Cracked rib. Breathless. Flu. The hospital doctor told me not to run for two weeks...I was glad to have An Official Mandate so I didn't feel guilty.

I was wondering whether or not to pull out of the marathon altogether. It seemed just TOO hard to contemplate. Damn it. I WON'T.

So, today...soon...honest...I promise...back on the road. Not after two weeks but 9 days...


I can do this!

3 comments:

  1. Of course you can! Go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can! Go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just ran 10.88 miles...well, run is perhaps a bit of an exaggeration for some of it...but the important thing is that I DID IT!

    ReplyDelete