Tuesday 6 March 2012

Procrastination is, hands down, our favourite form of self-sabotage.

Alyce P. Cornyn-Selby (American manager and author) almost said this. Except she didn't put the u in favourite.


That's quite a name, Alyce P. Cornyn-Selby. Does it REALLY have all those Ys in it or is that just for effect?


If I wanted to sound important I might change my name to Carolyne A. Crucial-Coxon (the Third.) The A stands for Awfully, because I'm British.


Enough of that...confession time.


Oh, you didn't realise? 


Origin of PROCRASTINATE
Latin procrastinatus, past participle of procrastinare, from pro- forward + crastinus of tomorrow, from cras tomorrow. First Known Use: 1588
(I haven't been doing it THAT long.)
The thing about procrastinating is that it's meant to mean 'to put off something until later', isn't it? I find zillions of things that Must Be Done before I get on with my writing. What's it called if you put off something FOREVER?

Cowardice? Stupidity? I Googled those words to find an image and here it is:

Today, I'm going to remove the trash can from my head. I hope there's something under there.














No comments:

Post a Comment