Monday 13 February 2012

Your idea of bliss is to wake up on a Monday morning knowing you haven't a single engagement for the entire week.

"... You are cradled in a white paper cocoon tied up with typewriter ribbon.”


WRONG, Edna Ferber!

Wrong about my idea of bliss and Wrong about being cradled in a white cocoon tied up with typewriter ribbon.

I've already shown you what I wear when writing.



My idea of bliss is to wake up on a Monday morning and know I've got lots of work - work that I enjoy doing, which is most of it - but also that my brain is firing on all cylinders so that I'll have a little mental energy left for my own creative writing at the end of the day.

As a freelance writer, the thought of no engagements all week is a little scary...both worrying about where the next pay cheque is coming from...

 ...and knowing that a) I'll have to do some more hustling for commissions and b) I have no excuses NOT to get on with my own writing.


Work-work (as I call it) is a GREAT excuse to explain away lack of creativity.

The trouble is, I don't believe my own excuses anymore. I am CONTEMPTUOUS of such excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment