Friday 10 February 2012

A sense of humour is just common sense, dancing.

"...Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds."

I had to correct the spelling in this quotation. Someone forgot to put the second u in humour...

(You'd think that with a brain as big as this, William James would at least be able to SPELL!)

I'm not sure if I even understand what he said, let alone agree with it. 

Here are some things I find funny:

(Thanks Heather O'Connell)
And...

And I like one-liners:


Chris Addison: "A skeleton walks into a pub and says, ‘I’ll have a pint of beer and a mop."

Milton Jones: “When my grandfather became ill, my grandmother greased his back. After that, he went downhill very quickly.”

And just so you don't think I  like only British humour - here's a Canadian:
 Stewart Francis: "My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We'll see about that."
And here's an American:
Steven Wright: "Cross-country skiing is great if you live in a small country."

So, what have all these in common? Hmmmm...they don't hurt anyone, they're silly,  lateral-thinking plays on words and conjure up ridiculous images?

Common sense dancing, though?

I don't think so - but it's a lovely thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment