Wednesday 8 February 2012

Time is too slow for those who wait...

...said Henry Van Dyke, no relation to Dick, as far as I know. At least he didn't make a habit of speaking in an execrable Cockney accent while dancing around the chimney pots. As far as I know.

A more interesting picture than the one of Henry Van Dyke
My job as a freelance writer seems to involve a lot of waiting...


...waiting for brief clarification, waiting for feedback, waiting for sign offs, waiting to be paid...

And then SUDDENLY...everything needs to be done YESTERDAY even though I've been twiddling my thumbs for most of the day. Waiting...

There you are, you see. Twiddling my thumbs. It's what I'm good at. Or rather, it's what I'm BAD at. I find it very difficult to concentrate on something else when I'm waiting...

I don't like it fine.

Could do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment