Tuesday 7 February 2012

But words are words; I never yet did hear That the bruised heart was pierced through the ear.

From Othello. By Shakespeare.William, that is.


I have pierced ears on the brain. (My heart is remarkably unbruised, at the moment.)

No I am not a strange mutant.

 No I'm not thinking of THIS sort of pierced ear...

...although that might, initially, be as painful as mine. Only mine wasn't self-inflicted.

I'm thinking of pierced ear drums. I swear if I can't get anything done about my left ear I'm going to take a very long spike and ram it down and there'll be a massive WHOOSH...

I AM JOKING. Do not try this at home. Do not try this ANYWHERE. EVER. It's just how I'm feeling at the moment. I'm off to see the doctor in a few minutes. (Perhaps she has a very long spike?)

Oh, and also, I disagree with Brabantio - the character that spoke those words about words. My heart DOES get bruised with unkind words. I think you'd have to have a heart coated with Teflon not to be bruised by unkind words.

I wonder if you can get Teflon on prescription?

No comments:

Post a Comment