Sunday 12 February 2012

The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you'll start to feel better.


I haven't been depressed exactly, just not at all well and battling with it. 

Therein lies my mistake?  

I should have made the most of it, revelled in my unwellness, stayed in bed, expected my fevered brow to be mopped and peeled grapes to be popped into my upturned mouth by a concerned husband. (Where do you find those? Concerned husbands, I mean. Not peeled grapes.)

Instead of which, I just had to keep going, didn't I? Like the fool that I am. I straightened up and held my head high. 

Sometimes, being stoical is NO FUN AT ALL.

by Carel deWinter
Today I woke up feeling better... but I'm not going to say it too loudly. 

I'm going to practice my depressed stance anyway.

Just in case.


No comments:

Post a Comment