Friday 17 February 2012

I do not participate in any sport with ambulances at the bottom of the hill.

...said Erma Bombeck. (Sigh...now I have to find out who this Erma Bombeck is...) - She was "an American humorist who achieved great popularity for her newspaper column that described suburban home life."

Erma Bombeck didn't. I do.


...although I'm not planning to require an ambulance. Absolutely the last thing on my mind. And that reminds me of something the comedian Sean Lock said, when talking about the value of alternative medicine, which was something along the lines of 'When I'm lying seriously injured somewhere, I want to hear sirens not wind chimes.'

Italian medical services, please take note.

We're off tomorrow to this place:

Passo Pordoi
How lucky are we? (The answer is 'incredibly.')

I'm taking my iPad. I don't know if there's internet access. In some ways, I'm more worried about this than breaking a leg. There, I've said it.

I'm sure I shall survive and I will be making every effort to keep up with my blog.

Back in a week, in case I'm thwarted.

No comments:

Post a Comment