Wednesday 23 March 2011

Serendipity?

"In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to our efforts." (Peter McWilliams)


Yes or no...or yes AND no?

You judge for yourselves.

Yesterday started badly (apart from the ducks on the pond) and The Colour Of Her Scream seemed to be teetering a little despite my fine words.

BUT I remembered (wrongly as it turns out!) a New York-based director, a stunningly good director, who works with a prestigious global company and who had AGES ago expressed an interest in one of my scripts.

SO I mailed him. A very cheeky e-mail. He replied by return. This is the serendipitous bit (I'm glad I had the word written above for reference!)

He's currently filming in London, leaving for LA on Tuesday and would I attend a breakfast meeting on Monday? He's 'looking forward to hearing my pitch.'

Gulp!



Serendipity? Effort?

.

3 comments:

  1. That is so exciting, good luck to you! What a golden opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I removed it because I spelled Brianne incorrectly and couldn't see a way of editing!)

    What I said was - thank you so much and did you see I answered your 'life story' post of the other day, Brianne?

    ReplyDelete