Sunday 27 March 2011

Big Day Tomorrow!

A breakfast meeting at The Groucho Club with a film director who is 'looking forward to hearing my pitch' for The Colour Of Her Scream before he jets back to LA on Tuesday.

How cool is that? Let me tell you - it's VERY COOL.

(I wonder if they serve Weetabix?)

Yes, very cool but also stomach-churningly-angst-makingly-sleepless-nightingly WORRYING!

I have to catch a train at 05.50 a.m.

I've never been to The Groucho Club and I've never met the director

I have to be pitch perfect

I don't want to let anyone down by making a mess of it

I want to be charming and engaging and compelling without being a gibbering pile of over-talkative idiocy

I have sinusitis and a bad chest so I feel like crap

Can I do it?

4 comments:

  1. Massive massive good luck for tomorrow Caroline!! I hope it goes brilliantly and that you have an amazing time eating breakfast at the Groucho Club!! :-)

    ...and yes....YES..YOU CAN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline,

    Hello. First off, I want to say thank you for all that you have done and all that you are continuing to do for this project; I am extremely appreciative.

    I know all of your hard work will pay off for this project.

    You have not let anyone down thus far; don't even think about anyone else tomorrow accept yourself and Roderick. Enjoy the meeting! Yes, you will be nervous today, tonight, and during your commute (that is a normal feeling- I always feel like that for auditions), but once you start speaking to Roderick your nerves will subside and everything will fall into place.

    I sent you the documents for the pitch and of course you have the script lol.

    As long as you are yourself at the meeting then there is no need to worry. You are going to do great- have fun- it is an exciting moment!

    Best,

    Justin

    ReplyDelete
  3. And about the sinutus and bad chest, feel better! Drink lots of tea with peppermint and lemon- it helps!

    Best,

    Justin

    ReplyDelete