Wednesday 2 March 2011

Catching Up...

Today's the day. So much to do. So little brain-power.


I adore this picture and would love to credit it to someone but Google wouldn't tell me who. It effectively sums up how I feel today.

First, back to the premiere and Applause is the spur of noble minds, the end and aim of weak ones.

When I write, when I'm creating, public acclaim is very, very far from my mind. I write because I love to write and because there are things bursting out of my brain that I need to put into words.

BUT once a film or a book is out there - well, tell me who in the world WOULDN'T be delighted to be congratulated and applauded and interviewed and generally feted?

It's validation. It's acknowledgment. It's reassurance that I'm not forever offering my heart and soul into a bottomless pit.

I WAS scared going to the premiere all on my own (and only one glass of Chardonnay too!) but sometimes there's serendipity...that man Seth Godin again...

 Read here about Wonder and Anger  


 Seriously, it made a huge difference to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment