Thursday 10 March 2011

Eat a live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day

Now THAT'S a good maxim. But I won't, if it's all the same to you.


(Perhaps that's a frog? I don't know)

Since I seem to be morphing between childhood storybook characters at the moment - how about Toad of Toad Hall as the role model of today?

This bit of his personality:  "Oh, what dust clouds I shall make! What cars I shall fling into the ditch!"

Not this bit: (from prison cell) "Ohhh - Oh no, that's the end of everything. Or at least the end of my career, which is the same thing. I should have listened to my friends."

(That was yesterday)

Most of all, this bit:

"As soon as the door had closed behind him, Toad hurried to the writing-table. A fine idea had occurred to him while he was talking."

 


 A fine idea has occurred to me - well, several, if you must know, so... if you would just close the door on your way out?

No comments:

Post a Comment