Friday 1 March 2013

Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul

And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all.

Emily Dickinson
 I love that poem. That sentiment. For me hope and happiness are interchangeable.

Although...I mean hope in the sense of optimism, not some sort of craven desperation. In my role as an editor for marketing copy, I ALWAYS change text like 'We hope to be able to...' 'Hopefully, this product will...'

NO! DON'T SAY THAT! It sounds so lame and weak. Be proud of yourselves! Be confident!

And now, in one of Caroline Coxon's strange synaptical leaps - maybe not so strange - here's a song to cheer you up on a damp and drizzly Friday morning (well, it is here!) should you need it.


Ooops there goes another rubber tree plant!

No comments:

Post a Comment