Wednesday 6 March 2013

Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.

I like that, Thich Nhat Hanh

Last night, Peter and I went to our first meditation session, run by a Buddhist of the New Kadampa Tradition.


Okay, so Uckfield Civic Centre is not QUITE so idyllic...

I didn't really know what to expect. Would we be lying down? Would we be expected to sit in lotus position for 90 minutes? No - we sat on chairs. For me, even sitting in a chair for 90 minutes was quite a challenge.

I sat a long way from Peter because he does BREATHE so...

I have to report that the session was very good.

Some of it was very good AFTERWARDS. In the second meditation - breathing in white light and breathing out black smoke - not LITERALLY or we'd have set off all The Uckfield Civic Centre smoke alarms - I got the most AWFUL crashing headache.


 In discussion, later, I learned that this was quite to be expected and was to do with the negativity in my mind being expelled. Or it could be that I was sitting in a draught...

Rather spookily, as soon as I came out of the meditation, my head cleared as if by magic and felt...well, cleansed and pure.

And Peter slept right through the night for the first time in forever.

SO...

We didn't take much convincing really.


No comments:

Post a Comment